What better way to bring in the cozy blankets and spiced teas than with the perfect warm and crisp apple scent of this fall favorite?Mixed with ooey-gooey *organic chocolate candies and even a hint of toasted coconut, These cookies will fill your house and belly with all the perfect autumn vibes.
*Plus it just wouldn’t be a “me recipe” if I didn’t add a healthy little spin on things, so we’re going to stick to the not so basic, basics in this recipe. Shall I elaborate?
First off, these cookies are unimaginably filling. I can eat one or two cookies on an empty stomach with a glass of water and literally be satisfied for hours, how your wondering? well the “secret” is the totally fiber-rich, Whole grain oats mixed with the packed punch of the coconut oil. If you are at all fimiliar with the wonders of coconut oil and all its glory, then you know how well just a small spoonful of the stuff is enough to help supress your appetite and keep you full for a good bit of time.
These babies don’t take long to get going either, they only take about 5-7 minutes in my oven, though other oven cook times vary ofcorse. I’d say no more than 10minutes
Honestly the parchment paper isn’t even necessary for the “stick factor” because there is none. There’s enough coconut oil in them to prevent any of that nonsense. So if you wish, sling em right on that serving dish.
This was my first time making these and honestly I sort of just came up with the ingredients while rummaging through my cabinets. -Point being, you can easily tweak this recipe to be your own by changing the “goodies” you throw in.
Next batch around, I’m thinking of adding in some actual diced cinnamon spiced apples and possibly caramels. Like I said the possibilities are endless.
PREP TIME COOK TIME TOTAL TIME
10 mins 7 mins 17 mins
Serves: 12-15 cookies
3/4 cup oat flour (regular oats blended)
1 packet of Quaker Apple & Cinnamon instant oatmeal (eq: 1/2 cup)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg*
4 tablespoons brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s organic Chocolate candies (any other organic chocolate candies should work)
SIMPLE instructions 🙂
- Mix all dry ingredients ( Oat flour, cinnamon apple oatmeal packet, baking soda, salt pinch, cinnamon, brown sugar)
- *important* heat coconut oil to liquid form, then mix into dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add all other ingredients except chocolate candies (egg and vanilla) and mix
- Lastly, add in all chocolate candies or chosen substitutions and mix in quickly.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare about 16 smaller or 10/12 larger cookie dough balls and place them 1.5-2in apart on a non-greased air bake pan.
- Place in oven for 7-10 mins
- Place on parchment paper or serving dish to cool. Do not overlap until cooled.
Try this recipe out for yourself or spin it into your own and let me know what you think !